Monday, January 15, 2007

This is the first 'mock up' of a hand knitted costume - its taking me quite a while to get the scale and textures right. Thankgoodness I have found a really good knitter now, to knit the outfits.

This is one of the armatures dolls wrapped in wadding and windsor comfort with cloth head and hands.

This is the wire skeleton for one of my wire wrapped armature dolls. I am dressing them in hand knitted costumes - there will be about four to start with. 'My Weekly' will probably be doing one of them as a pattern.

Here's June McGee and myself enjoying the sculpting class - we both made two heads - one open eyes and one closed eyes.

See Teresa's site 'Flights of Fantasy' for class details.

This is my first attempt at sculpting a face with which to make a mould and then face masks. It was done at one of Teresa Malyon's classes in her studio in Clacton. We made a mould as well and I shall soon be trying various materials to press the masks into the mold. We did this is a very busy day - it was a very rewarding day.